: House builder due diligence – CALA Homes
: CALA Homes
: Q4 2012 – Q1 2013
JLL were instructed by CALA and their advisors Rothschild to undertake a review of one of the UK’s largest and most respected house builders. We provided valuation and consultancy advice on a national portfolio of 100 development sites and over 9,000 residential plots. All sites were inspected by qualified valuers active in the respective site’s local market, and the project was managed from the London Office. Jones Lang LaSalle worked closely with the company’s advisors including accountants and legal teams to deliver the project on time.
Company requested valuation advice from Jones Lang LaSalle to ascertain the current Market Value of each respective site and their expected Gross Development Value. The purpose of the valuation and consultancy exercise was to provide property diligence which could be used by third party investors and funders to purchase a stake in the business.
- Instructed in mid to late 2012, with the exercise completed in early 2013.
- Accurately valued the company’s land bank on the basis of current Market Value and expected Gross Development Value for each site.
- Undertook and completed a construction cost review.
- Preparing full detailed valuation report on behalf of Company which was later relied upon by investors into the company.
- Private equity investment secured by business in early 2013.