Project: New Scotland Yard
Client: Mayor's Office for Policing And Crime (MOPAC)
Date: Q4 2013 – Q3 2014
JLL provided planning consultancy advice to MOPAC to inform the marketing and sale of this landmark site. The strategy involved preparing a scheme for the site, informed by pre-application consultation with Westminster City Council and the Greater London Authority which established and tested the key development parameters. The residential development consultancy role was undertaken during this period of scheme design to ensure a product suitable for the market.
To provide consultancy advice to ensure a scheme that maximised the development potential, but which was suitable for the Central London residential market and the buyer profile. To then take the designed product and launch to the UK and international markets to secure the highest value for the site.
- Consultancy work from late 2013 through to 2014
- MOPAC gained pre-application engagement and buy-in from Westminster City Council and the GLA for a mixed-use development on this central London site.
- Established the principle of commercial floorspace as well as the delivery of residential units consisting of a mix of sizes and type to offer variety to the market
- The proposed scheme seeks to secure exceptional specification and residential amenities and to deliver a strong urban legacy for this MOPAC site.
- Site launched to the UK and International market September 2014
- Bids currently being received and reviewed.