Residential Forecasts: Northern England
• The housing market in the North West has outperformed the wider UK market in the period since the EU Referendum.
• Over the next five years JLL expects average house price growth of 3.1% pa in the North West and 2.7% pa in Yorkshire & The Humber, both above the average expected for the UK of 2.4 pa%.
• Manchester is positioned as the most attractive city centre residential investment market in the UK with price growth over the next 5 years an average of 4.2%
• Leeds boasts an attractive Build to Rent market with private rental properties accounting for around 75% of the circa 10,000 city centre residential properties
• New development prices will rise strongly over the next five years in Liverpool with average price growth of 3.6% pa.